Call Us Toll Free: 1.866.805.2600

Complaints Policy

Do You Have a Complaint about FOCUS or a FOCUS Accredited Organization?

In the spirit of improvement, FOCUS encourages stakeholders to either provide feedback or formalize a complaint, where concerns exist about the quality of services provided by FOCUS or a FOCUS accredited organization. FOCUS’ response will be timely, and all information provided is confidential. An impartial review and examination of the facts will follow. All complainants will receive a response from FOCUS.

Steps to follow when you have a concern or would like to formalize a complaint:

  • Provide FOCUS with a written description of your concern or complaint.
  • Provide FOCUS with your name, your relationship to the organization or person of concern, a clear description of the matter at hand, and your contact information, including a telephone number and email address. FOCUS encourages you to include in your correspondence how you would like to see the problem solved.
  • Written information can be provided using the contact form below or by emailing the FOCUS Executive Director:
  • To speak with FOCUS’ Executive Director call our toll free number: 1-800-805-2600
  • If your concern involves FOCUS’ Executive Director, call our toll free number and request a conversation with a member of the FOCUS Board of Directors.

After feedback about a concern or a formal complaint is received, FOCUS will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of the concern/complaint in writing within 10 days
  • Contact you/the organization to clarify the complaint, if needed
  • Track the person/organization’s complaint as it is reviewed
  • Take the person/organization’s complaint to the FOCUS Board of Directors, if needed
  • Provide a written response to the person/organization within 12 weeks from the time a formal complaint is made or sooner if possible.
  • If after receiving FOCUS’s response, you view the concern or complaint as unresolved, you may request that FOCUS’ formal grievance process be initiated.
  • Lastly, where your concern is about a FOCUS accredited organization and you remain dissatisfied with the result of the formal grievance process, you should contact the government body that provides funding to the organization of concern.